Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Another Gloomy Day on the Street

As expected, in reaction to the news that the Fed is bailing out AIG with a $85 billion loan. It seems like every day when I head to CNN.com that I read about investors sweating another financial crisis. Thankfully I have a longer-term mindset. I know that day to day gyrations in the marketplace are common. Instead I direct my attention to what the market does over a longer period of time, say 3-5 years.

In fact, today I purchased more shares of American Oriental Bioengineering (AOB). Why? Well because it's still an great company and it's even cheaper than when I originally bought into it! I take solace in the fact that since 2004 AOB has had net incomes of $7, $13, $29, $43 and an estimated $62 million this year. That's impressive year over year growth! I feel even better when I read about others who feel the same way about this company.

But don't take my word for it. Or stockpickr's either. I advise doing a little research of your own. Try "googling" a company that interests you and see what you can find about their business success. Or better still, head over to The Motley Fool and give their CAPS service a try....it's free!

Most importantly of all, start early and keep saving and keep investing! No one wants to work their whole life and investing in solid, value companies is a great way to ensure you enjoy the years to come.

No comments: